The practicality, durability and convenience of fake grass has led to the popularity of synthetic tennis courts. The fact that this type of court is low on maintenance and can be used all year-round helps sports enthusiasts and athletes choose synthetic grass for their courts. Carpet surfaces are usually used to play sports like tennis. But they are difficult to maintain these days with increased maintenance costs and routines. This is one of the reasons for sports persons to opt for artificial grass on their courts. On choosing synthetic surfaces players would be able to enjoy their hobby without worrying about maintenance.
Building artificial tennis courts
Constructing a tennis court wouldn’t be a difficult task if you are a person who loves to do things by yourself. If you wish to have a good time with family and friends on your very own synthetic court without having to bother about the maintenance costs then this is for you. You might find the points mentioned below helpful if you are planning on building your own artificial court.
- A location needs to be planned on before you start with the installation process. A normal tennis court that measures 78 foot by 36 foot will be sufficient for singles as well as doubles. In order to accommodate putting green your artificial lawn, you need to consider working on a huge location.
- Remove the previously installed natural grass along with 2 inches of soil and then flatten out the surface.
- In order to prevent weeds from growing on your turf, spray it with weed killers. To prevent weeds from growing back, you can use ground cloth to cover the entire surface before installing the artificial grass.
- Secure the turf carefully making sure you cover the entire area you planned for. Turfs come either in rolls or in squares. Whatever their form, ensuring coverage is essential to create a quality court.
- The filler sand then needs to be poured so as to cover all the corners of the court.
If your skills do not include building tennis courts with artificial grass then you need to ask professionals to help you out. Look for reliable and experienced companies to install your artificial lawn for you. Choosing a company that knows everything there is about installing synthetic lawns, from structuring a plan to installation and services ensure you get value for the money paid. Also it is vital to make sure that the products used are of top quality.